Monday, September 10, 2012

Welcome!

Greetings!

Now that we've had a few days to settle into our new building and classroom, I'd like to begin the conversation with the families at home. Happily, I've already had the opportunity to meet most of the parents and guardians of my students, and I'm looking forward to corresponding with you further as the year progresses.
Welcome!

First of all, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Jason DePasquale, and this is my first year at Summers-Knoll. My prior experiences include extensive work teaching and tutoring at 826michigan, and two years of working with students at the Ann Arbor Open School as both a student teacher and a substitute. My teaching style and philosophy have been largely informed by my time spent at those places, which I feel will blend quite nicely with the culture at Summers-Knoll.

As you can see, we have some shelve space to fill! If you have any books that might find a home in our class library, we would welcome them! All genres are welcome; fiction, reference, comics, mysteries, comics, etc!


I'm eager to hear from you all early and often! I'll be blogging about our class activities regularly at http://jason-sk.blogspot.com/, but I also hope to interact with you by phone, email, and in person with great frequency. Please don't hesitate to contact me at any point for any reason! Questions, comments, suggestions, book recommendations, idle thoughts... They're all welcome!

This is a group that loves reading time!


I hope to see you all at Curriculum Night this Thursday evening, where we'll have the opportunity to chat about the exciting year ahead. I look forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment